Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fall?......No it's still summer........

I have some amazing news. It's hot here. O.K., so thats no surprise. It is August. It is the south. It has definitely been hotter than average, with highs over 100 for four days or so. Brutal. Add to the equation that it has not rained in two weeks or so and you have the perfect formula for crappy days. It is very hard to keep up with the plants, especially the water loving ones, when it is hot. Then there is the sod, or should I call it grass now. Three or more inches of water a week, sometimes four waterings a day, and it is still not all that it wants. It is definitely an uphill battle, but it is greening up and rooting. I would take a picture of it, but that would require that I go outside.........I have been feeling good as of late, knock on wood. I have went on what I would call a health kick. It started off lowering my sodium intake, and has progressed into lowering saturated fats, getting more fiber, and all of the other boring nutritional junk. I have lost about twenty or twenty five pounds and I wouldn't mind to lose about fifteen or twenty more pounds. I have also given up on caffeine, and haven't had any going on two months. I still miss my morning cup of coffee, but over all it wasn't that hard. I am thinking about going for broke and giving up the cancer sticks. Whew, did I just say that? I am thinking about it.........Everybody is good . The girls started school last week and they both enjoyed their first week. Anna has a loose tooth and of course she is scared to pull it and won't let us close enough to pull it. Maybe next week, the 'tooth-fairy' is broke this week anyways.

No comments: