Sunday, August 21, 2005

New plants, new plants! I had to have an all cactus arrangement. I chose a pot I bought in San Diego. I have been looking for a good use for it for about 5 years. I think the cactus will look great in it. The cactus I chose are moderate sized cactus, growing to about 14". They should fill out this pot in about 3 years. Patience, patience. the varieties that I used were: pin cushion(top left), old man of the andes(top right), and yellow tower(bottom). Looking forward to seeing them mature. The second arrangement is for the girls day care provider. She is retireing this year, the begining of september to be exact. We thought this would be a good "going out" present for her, being as she is a gardener herself. We plan to have the girls put there handprints on the pot in paint, with there names on it. Or something like that. We are deffinitely going to miss her. Back to "regular" daycare. Oh boy. The third arrangement is an aloe collection. It consists of an aloe vera And two other types of aloe that I have not figured out the names of yet. Just thought it was cool. Fun stuff huh. Ordered bunches of sucs & cactus online this week. Hopefully They will be coming in this week... Not exactly a relaxing sunday. Had a few friends over for a cookout. Standard summertime fare, hamburgers and hot dogs, corn on the cob, and fries. Good though.

No comments: