Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday, the day before Monday





It was another fun weekend, and week, spent at the greenhouse. We got a lot of things done this weekend. For starters, we finally planted all the seeds. Finally. It is a little late to be starting seeds, but without having a heater this winter we had to wait. We do have a ventilation system now though. Installed it this weekend. It was a pain, and we still have to bury the wire underground. I am glad to have it though. It helps control the temperature dramatically, and it will keep fresh air circulating through the greenhouse. It is a really nifty setup with a thermostatic controlled fan and fresh air louver. It can kick on at 40 degrees to 110 degrees. It is actually bearable to work in there now. Next week hopefully the shade tarp will be in and we will run water into the greenhouse. It feels like an official greenhouse now. Time just flies when we are in there. There is so much to do, it is a lot of fun. We have a huge collection of plants and I can see that we will be needing more space soon. Hopefully we can get rid of plenty of seedlings soon.........Back to school tomorrow, to start the third quarter. I will have an easy spring quarter, as I am only taking two classes. One of the classes is a core class (Interpersonal relationships, or something), and the other is my horticultural internship. I wish I was going to do my internship at the botanical gardens, or an arboretum, but I'm doing it at hybrid where I work. I'm to old to run off for eight weeks, and it is nice and convenient being as I work there. I guess I will get plenty of hard knocks experience at Valerie's greenhouse. So it will be an easy spring at school. I plan to take the summer quarter off still, as of now.........Everybody is still doing good. Easter is next week and we are planning to go to a cabin in North Carolina next weekend with the whole family, we are looking forward to it, and the girls are looking forward to finding the eggs.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

We love you.