Monday, July 10, 2006

Rare treat

I treated myself to the pleasure of a doctor visit today. I did not have much of a choice, I have had trouble with my ears, and it developed into an ear infection. I can't decide which is worse, an ear ache or a toothache. Who knows, they both suck. I hate going to the doctor, or the hospital. Not because I am scared of shots, or too tough, but because I hate the racket. What a process, take a person that feels like shit, put them in a stuffy waiting room(with other sick people), and then make them wait........I don't really have to explain the rest, as I am sure every adult in the U.S. has experienced the process. It is ridiculous. And the doctors, all they are is pill peddling machines that should be working for the pharmaceutical companies. I was thinking, I haven't seen a decent doctor in years. They are definitely few and far between...........And then on the other hand...If I had to deal with all those whinny, sick folks all day, trying to get there oxycontin prescription filled for the thirty-second time with a bad case of an aching finger, or some other fabricated pain, all the while their six welfare children whine and climb on the exam table......A big revolving door. It is a horrible system that I personally dislike and don't want to experience for at least another couple years. Oh yeah then there are the insurance companies, with there "we don't cover that medication" plea. I payed the so called"discount" price of $95 dollars for some stupid ear drop solution that the doctor prescribed for me. The bottle is as big as the last joint on my pinkie finger. The pharmacist made it a point to tell me that it is the discount price, all the while wondering why the Doc didn't prescribe on of the medicines that costs less.........I guess there is a method to this health care madness, but it seems to run about as good as our bloated government.............Man this ear ache is making me grumpy.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was good John!!!!!!!
How true it is.

Lois