Sunday, August 13, 2006

End of the weekend

Another decent weekend. It was a little cooler than normal for the middle of August, which was a nice change. This week was very hot. Heat indexes above 100 all week. That makes life miserable when you work outside. I am really looking forward to the change of season. Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I just hope it is a long fall. The transitions of seasons in Georgia tend to be very abrupt, going from one extreme to the other. This spring for example was almost nonexistent, with the temperature going from the fifties for highs to eighties in only a couple weeks. I am definitely looking forward to fall colors and planting some trees and shrubs that I have been growing all season. I have a couple of redbud trees, a kousa dogwood, fatsia, forsythia, and a couple of crepe myrtles that I need to find a place for. I was hoping to have a hose to plant them at, but I don't believe that will happen any time soon. It has been an interestingly frustrating process so far. The combination of nothing really appealing in our price range and the available loans have definitely dampened the process. We still plan on buying a house, but we definitely have some work to do financially. I hate the fact of struggling every month, even more so than now. I had to have a new truck though.....School is starting soon, and I believe this will be the quarter that I start working on my A.A.S. degree. It will be a big process, as I have to apply for a new scholarship. I will also have to take a lot of classes that will be a lot more challenging. College algebra, I don't even remember high school algebra. I will also have to change my schedule a lot, as a lot of the classes only offered during the times I work. That will surely take some creative solutions and bargaining with my boss. We will see. I have taken a lot of my core Horticulture classes and it will be time to take the boring classes. Psychology, Economics, English, oh boy......I do not have any pictures this week. I am glad I bought the new camera,now I need to go some where worth photographing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

How cool about school....I am so proud of your accomplishments! Keep up the great work!!!!

Lois