Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lazy Sunday




It has been raining all afternoon. I haven't been able to say that in a while. I try not to write about the weather (or lack thereof), mostly because of how frustrating this damn drought is. The moral around my place of employment has been low, and talks of more layoffs are in the air. It is very depressing having to watch month after parched month pass by, with the reservoirs unable to fill up, and everyone discussing how this is the worst drought ever. It stinks. The Governor has eased some of the restrictions to supposedly save the landscaping industry. They will help, but only for a short time without rain. I won't go into details on the easing of the restrictions, so there is a link. It is interesting what is being proposed, as it will involve an online course, or certification, that homeowners and professionals alike will have to pass to be able to "hand-water" their landscape. Hopefully this rainy trend will continue..........School is going along swimmingly. I am actually comprehending Algebra this time. I hope I can continue to keep up. I look forward the Spring quarter however, as I will be back on the Horticulture side of school............What else, oh yeah, Valentine's day. I abhor this silly holiday, however I enjoy eating the candy. Whilst scavenging though the girls' candy I came across this candy heart with the stupid slogan "fax me" on it. What......? Who faxes someone for Valentine's day? I think that this candy was made in China. I got a kick out of it. I photo-shopped it and it can be seen above....The other pics are of some flowers that Valerie picked up at a local greenhouse, a couple of forced hyacinths and a gerber daisy. They serve as a nice reminder that spring is coming soon. I am getting the fever already. We bought our seeds this weekend. Next weekend it will be time to start some of them....Let it rain, let it pour.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.