Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bring the Spring!





It has been nice around here lately. Nice enough to do a little 'yard work'. Spring is in the air, and it has been raining every week it seems (knock on wood). There were a couple of rough storms that rolled through. I'm sure everyone has heard about the tornado that hit Atlanta. There were also a couple of tornadoes that touched down a few miles from here. It made for a tense Saturday morning listening to the tornado sirens and watching the paths of the storms. We were lucky, as all that we received was beneficial rain. Today was a perfect day, weather related. We decided to plant some camellia's that we picked up a while ago on the bargain bin. We were also inspired to do some "Sod Bustin'" and till a garden. I had started a couple of flats of veggies and flowers and they will need a home soon. I will have some pictures of the garden as soon as it takes shape........This school quarter is almost over. I have taken my final exam, and tomorrow I take an exit exam. I can now officially "do" algebra. I can ever factor polynomials. Yeah!........The girls are goos, and Valerie is too. Oh yeah, Valerie learned how to use a rototiller today. :0 I have posted some random pics that I have doctored with Photoshop. I love that program. Anyone can be a photographer, even if they take horrible pictures. I also included a pic of the tile job that I did on the fireplace mantle. It was a dated looking white marble (there might be an old picture of it on this site somewhere. I think it turned out nice, and it wasn't that expensive. That's all

No comments: