Saturday, October 29, 2005

Saturday night

Liquidambar styraciflua, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'goshiki', Cephalotaxus harringtonia 'prostrata', Liriodendron tulipifera. No wonder Latin is a dead language. Who named these plants, and why? To punish horticulturalists? I learned his name actually(and then I forgot it).All day, at the grocery store, in the shower, at work these crazy names float around my head. Oh boy. Even on Saturday nights. What happened to going out and partying? I'm getting old. My new job is weird, but good. It was a longer week than I am used to working (about 55 hours). I think I will like it though. Monday is Halloween and the girls are excited!.....Oh, by the way,(in order) sweet gum tree, Goshiki false holly, cow tails pine, and tulip poplar tree are the common names for the plants I listed earlier. I love binomial nomenclature. Maybe next time I'll list the other 112 plants I have to memorize.......;)

No comments: