Sunday, September 10, 2006

Time to grow again

It was a good weekend. Finally the temperatures are bearable. It is even enjoyable to work in the greenhouse again. We had a chance to catch up on some things that we had been putting off. I finally managed to get the water line finished, divided some plants, and preped for the pansy and fall annuals. We had the greenhouse 1/2 filled with cactus and succulents. I had propagated so many succulents this summer, it would have been impossible to keep them all through the winter. I wish we had a heater, but the power and fuel costs are to much relative to the amount of money we make. So we needed to get rid of some, and we did. They sold like hotcakes. Now we have a lot more room...The pansy's and other stuff are growing great. It will be time to start the second batch this week. It will be the end of October before they are ready, but that's o.k......I finally sold my old truck. A guy I work with bought it. I was glad to get rid of it. I was also glad to get the much needed money. I am enjoying my new truck........ The house hunt has slowed. We haven't viewed any houses lately. There are not many houses for sale around here that are worth it, or that I (we) like. Oh well who knows............ The countdown has begun for school. Another three weeks. I am ready. Greenhouse Management, and Garden Center Management are on the schedule. I better be able to manage something after all the management classes I will be taking....That's about it. No pictures or anything..... Everybody is doing good enough. The girls are good. Anna is enjoying school, and Cathrine started a new daycare last week. Her previous daycare provider abruptly decided to quit with only a two day notice. It all worked out though. That's about it..........

No comments: