Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day weekend




There should be more three day weekends in the year. That would be nice. This labor day was a good three day weekend. Saturday we all loaded up and took off to the cabin. It was a lot of fun, especially for the girls. The four-wheeler was there and the girls had a blast riding on it. It is nice to get away for a day or two.......The seasons will be changing soon. Oh boy. The temperatures have been bearable lately, highs only in the 80's. Soon It will be highs in the 70's, then 60's. I can't wait.........The fall annuals are growing, very slowly. I will be starting the second round of pansies next week. I have also decided to propagate some 'Nellie R. Stevens holly's, and a couple of boxwood's. I have been so lazy this year, hardly propagating any woody or perennial plants. I do however have an overwhelming collection of succulents......... School starts the first week of October, and I am taking a week of vacation the second week. I am ready for both......

No comments: