Sunday, November 26, 2006

The end of a four day weekend



Why is it that vacation time goes by faster than work time. Oh well, it is time off. It was a good Thanksgiving day, and there was plenty of food. Everybody had a good time, and the girls had a blast, as always. It is a great time of year, and it is always good to get everyone together. It was really warm this weekend, with highs in the seventies. It didn't really 'feel' like Thanksgiving. But we mustered up the spirit and went to the depot for a x-mas tree. It is a good tree, although it really doesn't fill up the room. I like it though. The girls got to go with us to pick it out, and also helped us decorate it. Fun stuff for everybody. We officially have our own Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Now it is time for Valerie to go shopping and fill that bare spot below it with presents for me.....I don't really want to go back to work, but it will not be all that bad. It is the time, finally, to slow down a bit. Leaves are coming to an end, and our two weeks off will begin in a couple of weeks, something I am very much looking forward to. I will just have to find something to do to fill the time. I have been tempted to go ahead and buy the heater for the greenhouse, but have held off. We are still looking for a house, and we need every penny we have. We did however receive x-mas bonuses at work (which I was Very glad to get),which allowed me to purchase another louver for the greenhouse. I have been leaving the door open all night, as the fan I installed tries to suck the plastic of the greenhouse. I also bought some ground fabric so I can put all the plants in one spot, and not have to worry about the weeds all year. It will make the place look a little bit more professional....My other picture is of a Lithop that I have in bloom. They are interesting plants that look like little rocks. The bloom doesn't even look real. I also have a couple moth orchids that are about to bloom. The grow lights are working out real good...Thats about it......

No comments: