Sunday, December 03, 2006

Homeowners?

We are in the process of buying a house. We put in an offer, have the loan squared away, and have until the 20th of December to close. Whew, that happened quick. The process is not entirely sealed, but chances are we will be the owners soon. The bank is doing the appraisal this week, and that will be the last major hurdle. There are some issues, there is no carpet in the bedrooms (who knows why), and the door jamb is rotting. I am hopping the appraisal goes well. It should not be a problems, as comparable houses in that area go up to the mid 130's. We got a great deal on it as it was going to enter into foreclosure soon. It is a lot of house with three bedrooms, two baths and one finished room and another partially finished room in the basement. Two car garage also. It is a large lot at almost one acre, and it is flat with hardly any landscaping. That is great, a clean slate. We are very excited, but reserved......I jumped a major hurdle with the greenhouse today. Two actually. I put in another louver, allowing us to close the door, and keep it closed throughout the year. Doesn't sound like much, but it is to me. I have a fan and louvers that combined with a shade cloth should allow me to keep the temperatures down in the summer. I also received, for free a used heater that I believe will work in our greenhouse. That was major. I hope to have it up and running by February. It is a natural gas heater and I will need to have it converted to LP. It also has some 'miles' on it. I am optimistic. I don't have any picture this week. I hope to have a lot of picture of a new house soon though..........

No comments: