Sunday, June 10, 2007

Damned if I do

That is it, I am giving up. I will stop the landscape project indefinitely until we get some rain. No more plants are going in the ground, and I am considering ripping some of them up. What a stink year here in Georgia. No rain, well a tiny bit, and ridiculously hot. The temperatures are in the 90's consistently. I am a trained professional, but even I know when to stop before I am in over my head. It is almost impossible to get a small shrub to establish itself in ideal situations in a Georgia summer. I don't want to fight it and I damn sure don't want to water every day. So the plan is to work on someone else's yard for the moment;). It is time to put in a couple of irrigation systems, ours included. I am ready for it. I should have already done it. After that I could ideally put my sod in, but I think I will wait until late August. I don't want to water it and pay the water bill for watering it. Besides if we don't get a substantial amount of rain there will be complete outdoor watering bans soon. It has already happened in two metro countys............Oh yeah I will be shutting the greenhouse down also...soon

No comments: