Sunday, November 11, 2007

Whole Lotta' Nothin'

It was a quiet weekend, and I am not complaining. I enjoy the quiet weekends. I really don't have much to say, I just had the time to kill. What to write about...I don't have anything, just the same old boring stuff...Work, school, sleep. I tried to change my website around a bit, but ended up just adding a weather link instead. I knew how to edit HTML for a minute, but I forgot, not to mention it is way to complicated for a Sunday afternoon. Maybe I will change It up in a couple of weeks....This is the time of year where time just seems to pass so slowly. I think it is the fact that I will have a couple of weeks of in the middle of December. Thinking of that just makes the time go by so slowly. Oh well...The weather is the same, just like Arizona around here. It is actually quite ridiculous. There is no outdoor watering allowed. The drought seems to have the attention of everyone around here, from the media to the average suburbanite. They keep talking about running out of water; eighty days and we will be rationing water. Then I hear that the Corp of engineers is releasing 4.1 Billion gallons a day from Lake Lanier, and the Governor is suing them for releasing too much water. The politicians are arguing. That will solve a lot. This is surely a drought that I will not soon forget. It will be disastrous soon if the rain does not come, and the water restrictions are still in place. 14,000 jobs lost already for the landscaping industry in the metro area this year alone.....I actually have thirty day permit for watering my backyard, for the aeration and seeding that Hybrid Landscapes did for me (at a deeply discounted rate). I have watered a total of fifteen whole minutes in fifteen days. I'm turning soft, soon I will be petitioning for the endangered mussels. Stop the watering!.....Actually, I just don't feel like hearing the neighbors' comments. I also don't want to pay a huge water bill for some lousy fescue.......I want it to rain..... Please?.......

No comments: