Sunday, July 06, 2008

Weekend get home, I mean get away...





We took a little trip to "them there Smokey Mountains" this weekend;> It was a nice weekend getaway. The girls, as usual had a blast. We did all the touristy things. We went to the Rip-me...I mean Ripley's attractions(the highlight being the aquarium), went out and walked the strip(man my feet hurt), and went to the top of the Smokey mountains. We hiked to Clingman's dome, the highest point in Tennessee, and it was the highlight of 'my' weekend. I hiked trough that pass a lot of years ago when I crossed that section of the Appalachian Trail. It brought back some fond memories......Over all it was a pleasant trip, albeit an expensive one. Gatlinburg is a cool little town, and the backdrop is always spectacular. I will; however, never be there on the Fourth of July again.....Bad timing......Mooooooo cows! I am not complaining, as even a mediocre vacation beats no vacation. Besides, it is all about Anna and Cat, and they are not complaining....Another highlight of the weekend....We had the chance to see it rain. Two days in a row! Sure do wish it would do that around here Damn-it!.....It is dry as a bone....

No comments: