Sunday, September 07, 2008

Just another weekend


It has been a normal weekend. I have been catching up on all my homework. In fact I had to take a break to write this blog. I am taking my finals next week, so it is cram time. I am taking herbaceous identification, and I am forced to remember one hundred and forty Latin names. Damn Linnaeus and his binomial nomenclature. I will list a few of my favorites in no particular order: Aster novae-angliae 'Alma Potschke', Brassica oleracea var. Acephala, Dianthus gratianoplitanus 'Baths Pink', and Plectranthus amboinicus.. Say those three times fast. It's good to learn all these. They will come in handy when I feel like annoying my coworkers. I love saying "hey, have you seen that Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens' that Mrs. Smith planted?", and then an hour later telling them I was talking about the black mondo grass. Fun stuff. Everyone is doing well. My back is feeling better, thank God. Just another normal weekend.

No comments: